Corporate sponsorships, donations and grants make up approximately $3 billion worth of funding to the charitable sector in Canada (Corporate community investment practices, motivations and challenges (CSBCC) pp. 1). The following list of resources focuses on corporate community investment in charities and nonprofits.
Fundraising from Corporations
- The Who, How, What and Why of Corporate Community Investment in Canada (by Clarke & Ayer 2010)
- Insights for strategic corporate fundraising (Ayer, 2010)
- Corporate community investment practices, motivations and challenges : findings from the Canada Survey of Business Contributions to Community (CSBCC) (Hall et al. 2008) Read the Executive Summary.
- Business contributions to Canadian communities : findings from a qualitative study of current practices (Hall et al. 2007) [available online]
- Beyond good company : next generation corporate citizenship (Googins et al. 2007), provides insight into where corporate citizenship is going.
Agreements and Sample Policies
- Corporate Sponsorship Policy - Canadian Public Health Association
Sponsorship & Gifts in Kind
- Canadian Heritage partnering framework : a corporate sponsorship toolbox.(Canadian Heritage: 2002).
- Achieving sponsorship success : advice and tools for association executives (Brown & Brown, 2006)
- Regulations on reporting gifts in kind and other types of donations: see “Gifts and Receipting”