Fundraising is a multifaceted activity involving relationship building, face to face initiatives, proposal writing, direct asks, and special events.
Fundraising Planning & Strategy
- Grantspace : Fundraising Planning [Video] Online tutorial that gives an overview of the process of strategically thinking through the components of a fundraising plan. Although the content is American based, the advice is relevant to Canadian fundraising planning.
- The Who, How, What and Why of Corporate Community Investment - A new fact sheet on corporate giving in Canada along with helpful tips to secure funding.
Policy Development and Samples
- Considerations in Developing Gift Acceptance Policies (presentation) (Carters Professional Corporation)
- Why You Need Gift Acceptance Policies (Blackbaud)
- Red Deer & District Community Foundation Gift Acceptance Policy
- Wilfrid Laurier University Gift Acceptance Policy
- Naming Policies - AFP article on value of naming policies
- Naming Policy sample - University of Alberta
Other fundraising strategies
- Endowed & Restricted Gifts(Carters Professional Corporation)
- Managing Endowments during difficult economic times (Carters Professional Corporation)