Compensation and benefits include professional development, workplace culture, and other benefits when assessing workplace satisfaction. This page provides tools, resources and statistics that allow organizations to assess their total compensation practices help them with supporting recruiting and keeping staff.
- Get Paid What You’re Worth: A guide for Chief Staff Officers of Not-For-Profit Organizations on How to Negotiate a competitive Compensation Package By Dan Stapleton, CAE [Full report] published by: CSAE 2006.
- 2012 Canadian Nonprofit Sector Compensation & Benefits Study. (CharityVillage, 2011) Paid Electronic Article. Imagine Canada members can borrow this item from the library.
- 2009/2010 Association executive benefits and compensation report : the benchmark report for associations, charities and other not-for-profit organizations. (CSAE, 2010) Imagine Canada members can borrow this item from the library.
- HR Sector Council: Compensation and Benefits Toolkit. An online toolkit to help compensation understand compensation and benefits in the Canadian charitable and nonprofit sector.
Leadership & Professional Development
- Building leaderful organizations : succession planning for nonprofits (Wolfred, 2008)
- Start with why : how great leaders inspire everyone to take action, 2009. Simon Sinek. Imagine Canada members can borrow this item from the library.
- TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership
- Daring to Lead national (U.S.) study is produced in partnership by CompassPoint and the Meyer Foundation.
Contracts, Leaves & Retirement
Employment Risk Management Columns
- Employer Responsibilities towards Pregnant Employees
- Employee Overtime: The Rules and the Risks [Overtime]
- Employment Contracts for Charities and Non-profit Organizations [Contracts]
- Implications of SCC ruling that Human Rights Tribunal cannot award costs
- The End of Mandatory Retirement: Legal Implications for Employers