The backbone to any solid HR foundation is built up through good policies and practices. This page provides you a comprehensive overview of policies, practices and bigger picture studies that inform the development of any new policy.
- 20 Questions Directors of Not-for-Profit Organizations Should ask About Human Resources - Chartered Accountants of Canada
Recruitment, Dismissal and Succession
- Employment Contracts for Charities & Nonprofits - Carters Professional Corporation
- Nonprofit hiring tools : Sample interview questions - CharityVillage
- Recruiting Guidelines - Law Help Ontario
Recruitment of Senior Staff
- Hiring the Right Executive Director for your Organization: One size does not fit all. - Board Development Program Alberta
- Hiring and performance appraisal of the executive director: a self-guided workbook - Heather Halpenny and Joan Heys Hawkins. Muttart Foundation
- Hiring a director for a nonprofit agency : a step-by-step guide -Kurt J. Jenne, Margaret Henderson. University of North Carolina.
For information on developing employment contracts, see the Legislation & Liability page.
- The Ins & Outs of Wrongful Dismissal for Charities & Nonprofits Carters Professional Corporation
- Just Cause for Employee Dismissal: What Employers Need to Know Carters Professional Corporation
- Succession planning : often requested, rarely delivered - Paul Cantor. London, Ont. Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, 2005
- Staying engaged, stepping up : succession planning and transition management for nonprofit boards of directors. - The Annie E. Casey Foundation, 2006.
- Board diversity training : a toolkit (Pillar Nonprofit Network, 2008)