- giving data
- volunteering data
- general social survey
The General Social Survey on giving, volunteering, participating 2013
• In 2013, the vast majority of Canadians (82%) made financial donations to a charitable or non-profit organization.
• While the proportion of people aged 15 and over who made a financial donation was down by two percentage points from 2010, the trend in the donation amount followed the opposite direction.
• Between 2010 and 2013, the total amount donated by Canadians to charitable or non-profit organizations.
• In 2013, 12.7 million Canadians or 44% of people aged 15 years and older did volunteer work. They devoted about 1.96 billion hours to their volunteer activities, a volume of work that is equivalent to about 1 million fulltime jobs.
• The volunteer rate in 2013 (44%) was lower than that recorded in 2004 (45%), in 2007 (46%) and 2010 (47%).
• However, the total number of hours Canadians volunteered remained stable between 2010 and 2013.ns increased by 14% to $12.8 billion.